So, after a weekend of holiday party food madness I was in the mood for a more healthful snack/dessert for my family. The only thing I could find that was really in season were these blackberries and kiwis which are both delish and great for you!
Simple Fruit Tart (mine fit in an 11×13 pan)
Adapted from Pinch of Yum and America’s Test Kitchen
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 3/4 cups raw sugar (or other sweetener)
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I used an almond meal coconut flour blend and decreased the butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- assorted fresh fruit cut into slices
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds. Chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll chilled dough into one big cookie and place on a round baking stone. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons sugar. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool; chill in fridge.
- Mix frosting ingredients together and spread on chilled cookie. Chill again to set and thicken the frosting.
- Top with fresh fruit. Cut into slices and serve!