I fell flat out in love with these adorable and nutritious little bundles as soon as I saw them and then tasted them before putting them in the dehydrator…They are packed with flavor: light and fruity, slight ginger-cinnamon spice, and oatey goodness!!
This is the perfect wintertime, Christmas-time, breakfast snack or treat that wont make you feel the slightest bit guilty or sickly…its just pure fresh spice and fruit and delight!
Not difficult to make, not too strange of ingredients and takes a few minutes to whip up and stick in the dehydrator which does most of the work for you:)
These are just perfect and I cant wait for you to try them!
Raw Ginger Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies (Adapted from Rawmazing.com)
- 2 cups raw flaked oats
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make the flour from flaked oats in the high-speed blender)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powdered
- 1/3 cup coconut oil,melted (I used Grapeseed oil because of the neutral flavor it has)
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 apples, cored, sliced and puréed in food processor (leave skin on)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Zest from one orange
- 1/4 cup honey, agave or liquid sweetener of choice
1. In a large bowl, mix together raw oats, raw oat flour, cinnamon and powdered ginger.
2. In second bowl, mix together the remaining wet ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
3. On non-stick dehydrator sheets, drop dough in cookie-size mounds, flatten slightly.
4. Dehydrate at 145 for 45 minutes then reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate 4-6 hours ( I would go for 4 hours because I like them more moist than dry…;)